Basic Audio Spooky Tooth

Re: Basic Audio Spooky Tooth

aelling
I don't think I wrote voltages down, but I still have the original pedal. Give me a few days.

Re: Basic Audio Spooky Tooth

Marbles
Oh that would be awesome!

Maybe the fuzz is just not what I expected, but so far it's very sputtery until I have every knob almost full. I don't get that from the demo's, but maybe that's me?

Thanks so much!

Re: Basic Audio Spooky Tooth

aelling
Here is what I measured on the original, with all knobs at max. It is a little sputtery if there isn't alot of gain, and it tends to get a little splatty when dimed.

Power supply = 9.86

Q1
C 5.1
B 0.57
E 0.0

Q2
C 2.53
B 0.59
E 0.0

Q3
C 3.20
B 1.32
E 0.69

Re: Basic Audio Spooky Tooth

Marbles
Awesome! Totally missed this reply, sorrrry!

From what I remember that doesn't look too far off. I will check mine. Thanks so much again for going through the trouble of measuring this. Appreciate it a lot!!

Re: Basic Audio Spooky Tooth

Marbles
I'm a bit off for sure:

Power supply = 9.41

Q1
C 5.50
B 0.58
E 0.0

Q2
C 3.61
B 0.60
E 0.0

Q3
C 6.01
B 0.73
E 0.38

Q3 is not looking to great.

When I turn the Texture knob down instead of up, I do get almost the exact same voltages as you have. Is it possible you had that down instead of up? Or that I should swap the wires 1 and 3 of the layout?
In that case it is what it is. I'll try to record something, maybe my expectations were very different :D

Op vr 12 mrt. 2021 om 17:30 schreef aelling [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]>:
Here is what I measured on the original, with all knobs at max. It is a little sputtery if there isn't alot of gain, and it tends to get a little splatty when dimed.

Power supply = 9.86

Q1
C 5.1
B 0.57
E 0.0

Q2
C 2.53
B 0.59
E 0.0

Q3
C 3.20
B 1.32
E 0.69

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Basic-Audio-Spooky-Tooth-tp43984p49852.html
To unsubscribe from Basic Audio Spooky Tooth, click here.
NAML
12