Basic Class A Mic Pre - Anyone Want To Do The Layout?

Basic Class A Mic Pre - Anyone Want To Do The Layout?

cpsmusic
Hi All,

I work in music and audio production and dabble in electronics. I'm interested in making a hardware saturator based on a class A mic preamp from DIYRE, but I don't have any experience doing stripboard layouts.

I was hoping someone here might be interested enough to have a go at doing the layout.

I could do it myself but it would probably take me 10x longer than someone who's had experience using the layout software and actually doing a few layouts.

Cheers,

Chris

Re: Basic Class A Mic Pre - Anyone Want To Do The Layout?

Neil mcNasty
Seems like the Opamp in the corner of the schematic is the input for the DIYRE Color Box unit, so I did not include that part, as it is not part of the coloration circuit…

Look over this and see if you spot any mistakes before you start building it.
It looks good from my POV, but there are always blindspots…
Some of the values were a little difficult to read due to low resolution/size schematic (specially the 68R is a guess, and could be 680R), so have a closer look at the values as well.
Power Filtering has been added (2x100uf and 3x100nf on the power rails at the top)

Re: Basic Class A Mic Pre - Anyone Want To Do The Layout?

cpsmusic
Thanks! I'd more-or-less given up hope that someone was going to do the layout.

I'll have a close look at what you've done and see if I can spot any problems.

Cheers!

Re: Basic Class A Mic Pre - Anyone Want To Do The Layout?

cpsmusic
I traced the circuit from start-to-finish and all looks good. The only small error is that T4, the "BC357" is actually a BC337.

Here's the .pdf version of the schematic (I couldn't find the file upload initially).

JFT_mkII_Schematic.pdf

Thanks again for helping with the layout - you saved me a lot of time!

Cheers!