Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz

stringfellow_Hawke
ermmm...I'm sure I'm not the only one that saw it, but the PPF schematic was posted today on FSB. Any chance we'll see a layout for this one?

Re: Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz

Silver Blues
Yes, please.

Re: Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz

johnk
I drew a vero up for the PPF today. i'm pretty sure that it's correct, but I want to go over it a few times to make sure that it doesn't have any errors. once I do, i'll build it and verify it.

Re: Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz

johnk
built it and tested it. it fired up on the first try with NO issues (YAY!) it sounds frickin' AWESOME!
here's a pic of my vero:

Re: Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz

johnk
here's the vero for it.

Re: Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz

Very nice cheers John.  I'll probably still do one for the sake of completion but no rush now

Re: Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz

JaviCAP
Thanks John,  this time I won't be ignored on my demands by Mark and Miro XDDDDDDDDDDD

Re: Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz

johnk
<quote author="IvIark">
" Very nice cheers John.  I'll probably still do one for the sake of completion but no rush now"

yeah, well, I did try to make it with no standing resistors more akin to your style on this one. <

Re: Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz

It's spot on mate, I'd build it!

Re: Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz

stringfellow_Hawke
Thanks for the layout John! Lookin' good!

For anyone like myself, who doesn't have any w taper pots, I did some poking around and it sounds like it's pretty common to use a 5K lin as a substitute. I need to order some JFETs and germs anyway, so I'll probably get the W20k while I'm at it so that I can try it with each and see for myself.

Re: Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz

johnk
Finally got around to boxing mine up. this baby sounds awesome!

BTW, I've tried replacing the W20K pots on some of my pedals that require them (like this one, a tubescreamer etc) but I eneded up just ordering a bunch of them since, IMO, they DO work ALOT better than a linear substitute.