Best BMP for Bass / Mods?

Re: Best BMP for Bass / Mods?

johnk
rocket88 wrote
thanks john. I figured that out once I found the schematic. I connected it right above treble 1 since that goes to ground or should I have connected it right below bass 3, which would put it directly to ground?
as long as it goes to ground, it doesn't matter. on my builds, I always ground lug 1 of my volume pot to the jack's ground in order to have fewer wires coming off of the main board.

rocket88 wrote
I still can't figure out why I only get a white noise with the pedal engaged. I checked all my transistors and they seem to be in place correctly, I even reversed them to see if that made a difference, but still no signal. This is driving me nuts, its the first pedal out of 14 I've built that didn't fire right up, or I couldn't find my mistake and fix it.
on a circuit with this many components, it easy to overlook something. it's probably a short, a solder bridge or a misplaced wire or component. (that happens to me occasionally).

Re: Best BMP for Bass / Mods?

Thanks John. It's kinda good to hear it happens to even the season pros, like yourself too. I checked for solder bridges and cleaned all the traces, still have the issue. I think i might try again. Btw, why did you use a 100kc pot for the bass instead of a 500ka pot like on the other layout?

Re: Best BMP for Bass / Mods?

johnk
I just experimented with different pot values and a tapers and went with a C100K since it seemed to work the best for me.

Re: Best BMP for Bass / Mods?

Well, I built it 2x and cant get either to work and can't figure it out at all now. The second one I can't get bypass signal and can get mild distorted signal when the pedal is engaged. It's the same wiring as the first one, so I am completely lost.

I'll have to go back to this one day, I don't want to keep tearing my hair out over it.

Re: Best BMP for Bass / Mods?

Was curious what you ended up building. I finally got around to building the green russian, with the russian transistors and diodes, gain matched all the transistors, and it sounds incredible, better then most of the real ones I've played.

Check it out in all its russian muff glory.
12