Best Fender ampsim to get you in the '65 deluxe/Bassman ballpark

Best Fender ampsim to get you in the '65 deluxe/Bassman ballpark

holm

Re: Best Fender ampsim to get you in the '65 deluxe/Bassman ballpark

balazs.bencs

Re: Best Fender ampsim to get you in the '65 deluxe/Bassman ballpark

Frank_NH
You'll have to build them all, and then decide...

The Super 65 circuit I worked up in the last link sounds pretty good to me (especially with a strat), but I don't know how close it sounds to a real fender amp (YMMV).

Here's another option for you at FSB (with vero layout!):

BAJA 59 Tweed Bassman

Re: Best Fender ampsim to get you in the '65 deluxe/Bassman ballpark

holm
balazs.bencs: Thanks, might give it a go, have you build and played it?

Frank_NH: Looks interesting, have you build it? all the off board stuff looks a bit scary though, since I don't have that much experience reading schematics.

\Erik

Re: Best Fender ampsim to get you in the '65 deluxe/Bassman ballpark

Frank_NH
I haven't built it but have built several other Bajaman projects and they were all good.  He tries to match the frequency response and phase of the original tube circuit using op amp gain stages, the results have been pretty impressive.  Easier to get TL062 op amps than trying get through hole JFETs these days.

Re: Best Fender ampsim to get you in the '65 deluxe/Bassman ballpark

holm
Yeah, I think I'll have to build the Baja 59 Tweed Bassman. It seems that he uses some rather complex connectivity at the pots, I'll have to decipher that somehow

Thanks again
Erik