Best Sounding Screamer Type Overdrive(Bufferless)

Best Sounding Screamer Type Overdrive(Bufferless)

ppanousos
I want to make one but there are a lot o layouts here!Please save me some time and suggest the best sounding.I would prefer bufferless types circuits since i dont use many pedals.The simpler the better!!!

Re: Best Sounding Screamer Type Overdrive(Bufferless)

Lazy Swamis
I haven't built enough to say which would sound best, but this one certainly is easy enough and sounds really good through my old vibrolux. Son of Clay Jones

Re: Best Sounding Screamer Type Overdrive(Bufferless)

Vince
Clark Gainster is a great overdrive

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=gainster

and the green screamer is a great tubescreamer 'clone'. Sounds VERY similar but a smaller build and much louder for boosting

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=green+screamer

Re: Best Sounding Screamer Type Overdrive(Bufferless)

Jopn
I also like the SOCJ.  The bare bones bufferless klon may be another option:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.ca/2012/03/klon-centaur-simplified-true-bypass.html

It all depends, however, if you're looking for something to push your amp into overdrive, or looking for something to overdrive nicely itself into a clean amp.
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: Best Sounding Screamer Type Overdrive(Bufferless)

ppanousos
I always run my overdrive pedals into an amp that is already semidistorted.I hate the sound if overdrive pedals into a clean amp.Cheers!

Re: Best Sounding Screamer Type Overdrive(Bufferless)

Jopn
Cool, then either of these suggestions will work well for you!
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.