Best swell pedal?

GrooveChampion
In your experience what is the best swell pedal? As in an auto volume pedal? Except for the EHX Attack Decay cos you cant find PCB's for it....

Re: Best swell pedal?

SpaceCommandant
I couldn’t get the Boss SG to work properly and didn’t feel like pissing around with it so I built the Paia Gator and it sounds great.

Re: Best swell pedal?

GrooveChampion
Yeah but the PAiA is a manual one, right? Also, couldnt find demos for it....

Re: Best swell pedal?

clockman
 Paia Gator can be built as manual or auto swell. I chose the auto swell to compare the slow gear clone tried.
my build seems to dull the tone a little and I'm not crazy about the gate feature.
that being said , it's not as finicky as the slow gear build I made from Sabrotone's layout.

 I just haven't found a use for swell effects as of yet.
 I would really love to see a pedal with a full set of ADSR envelopes like on a synth. closest I've seen is the Malekko sneak attack or the Pigtronix attack decay pedals.