Biasing a SHO

Gabi Smith
Hello,

I would like to build a sho booster (it's already on the breadboard) with the source (I'm not sure that it's the source... )  directly connected to the ground, and the gain set by a pot coming before the circuit. I suppose that i have to adapt the resistance coming from the 9volt and going to the drain. What is the voltage between the drain and the source i have to reach ? And, last but not least, what improvements can I do to profit of the biggest amount of gain possible.

Thank you