Big Enclosures

ichilton
Can anyone suggest a box suitable to put several overdrive builds into a single box?

I'm thinking that housing a few pedals in a single box will save space on the board and money - no need for gap between pedals, only a single in and out socket, single power socket and only two patch leads for all, instead of two patch leads (4 plugs) for each pedal when used with a true bypass looper.

Thanks,

Ian

Re: Big Enclosures

Stinger25
1590d and 1590dd sized enclosure should do the trick

Re: Big Enclosures

Ross
I'm working on a multi-build in a 1790NS.... it's got an EP-Boost, a buffer, an SD1, an external loop, and a (probably fuzz) pedal to be determined (it was going to be a P19, but the vero's just too damn huge!) and all I can say is PLAN EVERYTHING IN ADVANCE! The wiring for this thing is an absolute nightmare.

Re: Big Enclosures

ichilton
Thanks guys - any suggestions on where to get those (or similar) at a good price in the UK?

Re: Big Enclosures

Vince
I usually get my standard enclosures here as they're the cheapest I've found.. looks like they have larger ones. Not sure if the larger ones are the best available price but worth taking a look as a comparison.

http://www.jprelec.co.uk/store.asp/c=528/Eddystone-Diecast-Aluminium-Boxes

Re: Big Enclosures

ichilton
Cool - thanks for that!

Looks like this is like a 1590B:

Diecast box 111x60x31 Eddystone 27134PSLA
Order Code:880-392

...and this is a 1590BB:

Diecast box 120x95x34 - Eddystone 29830PSLA
Order Code:880-393

They come out at £3.60 and £5.82 respectively with free shipping, which isn't too bad.

Is there much difference between those and a real 1590B/BB?

I'll check out the bigger ones too!

Thanks,

Ian

Re: Big Enclosures

Vince
They do add VAT to that though but the 111x60x31 ones are still the cheapest I've found. I'm not too sure about all the 'B's and stuff as I usually just go off the measurements. Maybe someone else would be better at answering that.

Some more here;

http://www.gapco.co.uk/Guitar-Pedal-Enclosures/