Bipolar Bear - Proposed Layout Correction (Dual NP & SP Layout)

MAO

Bipolar Bear - Proposed Layout Correction (Dual NP & SP Layout)

MAO
This post was updated on .
Alex,

I believe there needs to be a link between the T1, T3, and T5 drains and the junction of 120R, 22k, 100u and 100n. (I think this connection was mistakenly left off the North Pole schematic)

I also think the N. Mids control is backwards.

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Bipolar Bear - Proposed Layout Correction (Dual NP & SP Layout)

Hozy31
Has the image shifted?
"Red velvet lines the black box"
MAO

Re: Bipolar Bear - Proposed Layout Correction (Dual NP & SP Layout)

MAO
No, I was only showing the changes to the layout, with a couple additional "unchanged" components as a reference.

 So  only the lower right side of the board is shown.

Sorry for the confusion, If  I get a chance I will draw up the rest of it tonight.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Bipolar Bear - Proposed Layout Correction (Dual NP & SP Layout)

Hozy31
Cheers Mike.
"Red velvet lines the black box"
MAO

Re: Bipolar Bear - Proposed Layout Correction (Dual NP & SP Layout)

MAO
This post was updated on .
Here is how to get the North Pole working it if you have already populated the original layout.

Solder a wire from the bottom of the pictured 22k resistor to the pad directly above the same resistor.

You may need to flip the North Mids connections too.

EDIT: 02/09/2016 You should also reduce or jumper the leftmost 120R resistor. This will increase the supply voltage (and headroom) to the South Pole side of the circuit. (Recommended by David Rolo himself here)

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst