Black Arts Revelation Super Bass Debugging

Black Arts Revelation Super Bass Debugging

tomrecandmix

Hello,

I've just "finished" my build of the Black Arts Revelation Super Bass clone based on this layout :

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.fr/2017/05/black-arts-toneworks-revelation-super.html

And 2 strange things occur :

1)  Potentiometer seems to have effect only on the last quarter.

I've checked values and i have the same as the layout indicate (100k A x2, 500k A)

2) when i turn the effect on, the “gain” is not immediately as the good value, i can here like a “swelling gain”.

After ~1sec it’s ok.

Just for information I have not found an y 6k resistor so I replaced them by 6k2.

Thank you for your help
Thomas

Re: Black Arts Revelation Super Bass Debugging

Hey Tom. If you could post top and bottom photos of your board as well as voltages of the power supply and of each transistor pin, I would be happy to take a look.

That is generally the minimum amount of info required for us to get an idea what’s going on in your build

Re: Black Arts Revelation Super Bass Debugging

tomrecandmix
Hey ! Sure i understand.

I will post all the data requested this evening (french time).

Thank you !!!

Re: Black Arts Revelation Super Bass Debugging

tomrecandmix
Please find below some pictures and the Voltage data :

Q1
C 5.73 V
B 0.93 V
E 0.35 V

Q2
C 4.12 V
B 0.63 V
E 0.052 V

Q3
C 6.55 V
B 0.59 V
E 0.027 V

Alim : 9.78 V

Thank you again for your help.

Re: Black Arts Revelation Super Bass Debugging

It looks like it was built backwards to the layout but should work. The thing that is sticking out to me now is what appears to be one or more solder bridges on the back of the board. Try to clean up any excess solder, and run a knife or something between the strips to clear out any small remaining bit of solder that may create a short

Re: Black Arts Revelation Super Bass Debugging

tomrecandmix

Yes i built it backward because i made the cuts on copper side based on the layout orientation (newbie mistake :)).
But I took care to respect the “mirror effect”, I will triple check this.

This evening I will clean the excess of solder et run again a sharp blade between the strip.

I conclude that you didn’t find any strange value on voltage I sent you.

I’ve checked again the Pot values and type but everything seems to be good

Thank you

Re: Black Arts Revelation Super Bass Debugging

tomrecandmix
Hello,

I've found the mistake.

I've forgotten a cut... Sorry for that.

BTW thank you for help.

I have one last question :

Pedal is now working fine, but at high Gain/Volume setting there is a high frequency noise.
Do you know how can I get rid of that noise.

Thank you,
Thomas