Blackout Effectors - Mantra Overdrive

Re: Blackout Effectors - Mantra Overdrive

figured i would do a build report on the modded low gain version. i built it, and i haven't been able to get it to work right. the bass and treble act like volume controls, the switch drastically drops the volume, there really isn't any distortion at all in either mods, and there's a hiss through the circuit.

to check if i did something wrong i built v2 of johns layout, and it worked like a charm, and sounds fan-freakin-tastic. so not quit sure what happened with the other one.

Re: Blackout Effectors - Mantra Overdrive

johnk
so the one with the gain switch that I posted didn't work for you?

Re: Blackout Effectors - Mantra Overdrive

The gain switch layout didn't work. The regular v2 works perfectly. Sorry of what I wrote was confusing. I figured I would try to explain what happens when engaged.

Re: Blackout Effectors - Mantra Overdrive

johnk
well, I just wired the gain switch the way that you described it as mentioned on FSB (i.e., omitted the first amp stage), so that's probably NOT the real way to do it.

Re: Blackout Effectors - Mantra Overdrive

I trust you john. I just posted what they said, thought it might be a good addition, but it happens. It's a shame, would be nice to have made this even more versatile. Glad we tried. If anything else comes about the mod that is verified ill post it. Thanks for all your work on this pedal.
12