Blue LED & 20k in Suhr Riotrfrf

r_marczak_83
In the Suhr Riot layout it calls for a Blue led and 2-20K resistors.  I cant find either of these locally.
Should I order online and wait, or can I use something else?  Like a 22K or 18K and a Red or Green led instead of Blue?

Re: Blue LED & 20k in Suhr Riotrfrf

Frank_NH
If you want to be right on, you may have to order some 20K resistors from your favorite supplier.  However, it looks like the 20K resistors are part of the voltage divider for supplying a 4.5V reference voltage, so going with 22K should be fine.

As for the LEDs, that's a good question.  I picked up a grab bag of 3mm diffused LEDs (all different colors) from Radio Shack and all of them measured about 1.6V - 1.8V forward voltage.  Yet, other LEDs I see online have forward voltages of 2V - 3V depending on the color and brand.  This could certainly have an effect on the sound, so should we be stating the forward voltages of LEDs on schematics rather than color?  In any case, I used two red Radio Shack LEDs for a Crunch Box build and they sounded fine (forward voltage 1.6 V).  But I socketed the LEDs so I could swap them out later if I wanted to experiment.  I might suggest doing that here and experimenting with different LEDs.

Good luck!