Bogner Shiva

angeltone
I found this Bogner Shiva Preamp schematic online... Any chance anyone would be interested in turning it into a pedal?

Re: Bogner Shiva

notnews
I saw someone take an AC30 tube preamp schematic and create a JFET-based vero from it.. I would love to learn more about replacing tubes with transistors while maintaining as much sonic integrity as possible. I remember following the schematic and the vero from their inputs and being surprised how much of the vero mimicked the tube schematic... down to most of the component values and everything. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this thread. This is a great amp.. plus it would be cool to have a two-channel preamp pedal with an effects loop (i think that's what I'm seeing here with the two LEDs in parallel and the "Return" jack at the end)..

Re: Bogner Shiva

Ciaran Haslett
This should get you started in a FET-by-numbers sort of way.

Re: Bogner Shiva

Ciaran Haslett
...and this came about based on the same idea.  Made by our very own Savvas!

Re: Bogner Shiva

angeltone
Anyone know what the resistors are that are circled and labeled OC1 OC2 OC3?

Re: Bogner Shiva

glasspak73
I think OC1,OC2, and OC3 are symbols for Optocouplers.

Re: Bogner Shiva

angeltone
Thanks.  From what I've read, it sounds like we can just omit the optocoupler because we won't be needing to use the lower half of the schematic that goes to the effect loop.