Bogner Uberschall Distortion pedal

lieutenantlobotomy
Does anyone have a schematic for this pedal? I can't find it anywhere. It's the black Uberschall pedal.  I'm trying to find out what this part is that was toasted when the wrong power supply was plugged in.   It's labeled D1 on the board.  Is this salvageable? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bogner Uberschall Distortion pedal

Bolsyo
Pedals often have a diode next to the 9v input to protect the circuit in case of wrong power supply being used. The diode takes the hit and is supposed to protect the rest of the circuit from getting fried, almost like a cheap fuse. Most layouts here use a 1N5817 diode for this purpose, so that's what I'd replace it with.

Re: Bogner Uberschall Distortion pedal

Silver Blues
Agreed. Given your description and the appearance of the part I'd say that's certainly what it is. It did its job!