Boss CE2 Problems

scimitar
I have just finished building this but am getting no delayed signal so if the vibe switch is open I get no signal, with it closed I hear the unaffected signal. I have noticed that the current draw is very high - about 60mA. Having removed the ICs and replaced each in turn the offending one seems to be the mn3007 but I have tried 4 different ones from 2 different suppliers so don't think it likely that they are all faulty. Voltages are as follows (with the mn3007 removed)
IC4
1 - 8.35v
2 - 4.27v
3 - 0v
4 - 4.28v
5 - 0.25v
6 - 7.5v
7 - 2.8v
8 - 0.56v
IC3
1 - 8.57v
2 - 4.3v
3 - 3.5v
4 - 0.56v
5 - 0v
6 - 4.2v
7 - 8.3v
8 - 8.3v

The only change I have made is to use 2n3904 instead of 2n5088 form the transistors.

Any help would be very much appreciated as this is driving me mad.

Re: Boss CE2 Problems

scimitar
A further update, I have checked the signal at the 2 clock pins of the mn3007 and can see a squarish wave which varies in frequency with the rate so it looks like the LFO and mn3101 are working OK, also if I inject a sine wave at the input I see this at the input pin of the mn3007 - these checks are all made with the mn3007 not in its socket. When I mount the mn3007 I still get no output in vibe mode and nothing apart from the clock out at the mn3007 output, it is looking increasingly likely that all my mn3007s are did or fake j can anyone recommend a reasonably priced UK seller who is reliable?

On a separate point, the oscilloscope that I used for this is a dso0138 Chinese kit which I bought specially for this for the princely sum of £12, I can't recommend it enough, especially for a job like this - and it has taught me how to solder smd components which wasn't half as bad as I expected.