Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion

anders
Another biggie with an annoyingly complex powersection. Did a few mistakes while drawing this so I  had to put the powersection on a daughterboard.  I also omitted the input and output buffers.

An interesting and quite good sounding circuit, note the Q4/Q5 PNP/NPN pair which is often used to achieve crossover distortion. Input section which reminds me of an discrete op amp and the active tone section is quite similar to same sections in the Boss Hyper Fuzz 2.

Re: Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion

HamishR
Hey Anders - you are a braver man than me!  I can see one issue already - there seems to be a 56K at G14 which is boxed in with nowhere to go.

Re: Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion

anders
This post was updated on .
Thanks for spotting that, updated the layout above and I moved all connections to the daughterboard to the right side of the main board.  Nah, I'm not brave, the brave one is the who build this.