Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

chance
This post was updated on .
I've tried to match this layout as closely to the schematic for ease of reference. I added series protection (D6) instead of the factory parallel protection. IC's could be replaced with TL072, JRC4558 etc. Clipping diodes (D3, D4) could be replaced with 1N914, 1N4148. High, middle and low pot tapers were 'G' but I have noted them as linear taper. Try 2SK30, 2N5457 or similar for Q11. Try 2N3904, 2N5088 or similar for Q1, Q7, Q8 and Q10. Watch pinouts for the transistors. MidFreq pots are integrated in a dual-gang on the Boss pedal but you obviously don't have to do that, you'd be lucky to find a dual-gang 50K reverse taper pot anyhow. Sorry for all the standing resistors but it'll fit in a 125B solder-side up.
29/07/2018 UPDATE: I noticed a 100uf electro cap in the power section which needed orientation to be reversed so I fixed it and updated the layout with today's date. Link to the schematic: https://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/s/boss-mt2-metal-zone.php

Re: Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

anders
Heh...
Once again a great layout.

Re: Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

glasspak73
Thank you for this vero layout.Can you post the schematic you used to make this? I have a Fender Starcaster Distortion I want to tweek the caps on the EQ to try to get a better midrange sound out of it.I have a schematic but not sure its correct.Has anyone on here ever moded the EQ section on this circuit? I sure would appriciate any info or pointers that could point me in the right direction.I'm planning on changing a few cap values for now just to try and find the sound i'm looking for.maybe try some different clipping mods also but the EQ mod is first on my list.Thanks again for any help

Re: Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

chance
Hey mate as above I have just updated the current layout and here is the link to the schematic: https://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/s/boss-mt2-metal-zone.php

Re: Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

glasspak73
Thank you for the link to the schematic and the vero layout.

Re: Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

fx-fidden
Great layout. I was drawing it, before to see somebody else do it.
Has been this never verified?

I just tried to track it, and it seems ok. I suggest a DGS jfet for Q11, I don't know, maybe a 2N3819, because a 2N5457 is DSG.
I build pedals

Re: Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

chance
No yet it seems. I have started a board myself but haven't touched it for a while :)

Re: Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

fx-fidden
There's another unverified layout here:
https://dirtboxlayouts.blogspot.com/2020/11/boss-mt-2-metal-zone.html