Boss OD1 RC3403 version

PStevenson

http://www.paulinthelab.com/2015/01/boss-od-1-original-rc3403-quad-op-amp.html

been meaning to redo this one for ages and finally did
www.paulinthelab.com - Stripboard Layouts

Re: Boss OD1 RC3403 version

Jopn
That's fantastic Paul!  Have you tried swapping for a TL074 to see if there really is magic mojo in those old RC3403s?
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: Boss OD1 RC3403 version

PStevenson

yes I have - unsurprisingly there is no discernible difference - but I am not one of those mojo believers.

the RC3403 was just a cheap op-amp for its day and got made obsolete because no one wanted it but people like their homeopathic-tronics!

incidentally I have a very expensive IC identifier device and even that just identifies it as a LM324 so I imagine the RC3403 is just a rebranded LM324
www.paulinthelab.com - Stripboard Layouts