Broken 9VDC Socket?

vitt
Hi there. What occurs here is a strange issue with a 9VDC socket. I my circuit to be powered via 9vdc socket and battery. Powering the effect via 9V socket, works. With the battery not. Seems dead... But the battery is not. Could be a faulty power socket? How can i check if it is so?

I have used this offboard wiring schema
3PDT wiring GGG

Re: Broken 9VDC Socket?

induction
When you use the battery, are you unplugging the adapter from the pedal or just from the wall?

Re: Broken 9VDC Socket?

vitt
Yes. Maybe i just have to replace this socket.

Re: Broken 9VDC Socket?

induction
Which one? Unplugged from the wall or the pedal?

Re: Broken 9VDC Socket?

vitt
Ops. Sorry. It does not work i even without connecting the  adapter. And in both situation you mentioned.

Re: Broken 9VDC Socket?

induction
Probably quickest and easiest to replace it, if you have another one laying around.

If you'd prefer to troubleshoot it, post pictures and we'll see if we spot anything.

You can also use a DMM to test it, but to help you with that we need to know what jack you are using. Pictures or a link or part number would be useful for that purpose.

Re: Broken 9VDC Socket?

vitt
I am using amp like jack sockets. Like this one

Enclosed amp like jack socket

Where i used the leftmost pin to connect the ground, the center to battery ground and the rightmost to connect input signal.

And i used this 9vdc socket

9vdc socket

Following the image ive connected the top pin to ground, left pin to battery + and right pin to 9vdc from the circuit.

Re: Broken 9VDC Socket?

induction
And you have a guitar cable plugged into the pedal input when you are testing the battery, correct?

Re: Broken 9VDC Socket?

induction
Assuming the answer to my last question is yes:

Test the two parallel lugs of the DC jack for continuity with your DMM (use continuity mode if you have one, or just measure the resistance: 'inf' for open circuit, very small number for continuity) with and without an adapter plugged in. You should get an open circuit when the adapter is plugged in, and continuity when the adapter is not plugged in.

Re: Broken 9VDC Socket?

vitt
This is really funny. After checking with DMM, plugged in and out adapter, got angry. I discovered that the grounding plate was shorting the battery pin.  Replaced with another one and it is working as it should. However, induction thank you for helping me.

This is my 9vdc socket adventure pedal