Brutalist JR

Zanius
This post was updated on .
I thought the schematic wasn't available for this, but turns out it is given with the building manual so here goes. If there is another reason this wasn't posted before feel free to delete :)

** Updated and Verified**

Re: Brutalist JR

Guzz
Have you build this ? I'll give it a go anyway but I have no veroboard atm, will report back when it's done.

Cheers for the layout !

Re: Brutalist JR

There was a trace going on for this over at DIYSB or FSB and I've had the layout done for awhile. Never posted it cause the values weren't verified. Where did you get the owners manual?

Re: Brutalist JR

Guzz
http://www.kurtballou.com/brutalistjr/GCI_BrutalistJR_Instructions.pdf

Google gave me this, although I don't think you could find it that way before, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Schem is at the very end of the pdf.

Re: Brutalist JR

Zanius
Yeap, that's what I used :)

Re: Brutalist JR

weird. don't know why there was a discussion about component value. i'm going to adjust my layout to the right values and post it on the main page, this way it wasn't time wasted. lol. good job on the layout btw.

Re: Brutalist JR

vincentstarkiller
Anyone had a go at this by any chance? Been looking for a layout for this one everywhere!!

Re: Brutalist JR

Sphere80
This guy replaced 18k and 120k resistors with pots for full mid range controls that sound useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN4jT5RAYyE

 The same, and a couple more mods from the man himself - clipping switch and  something like the "ruetz" on a Rat, more info in the pdf posted above:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOqyNTThhEP/?taken-by=godcitymusic

Re: Brutalist JR

Zanius
After a notoriously bad build on vero and lots of debugging this is now verified. Layout updated to the correct one.
Please move to Verified section

Re: Brutalist JR

Zanius
And since there's a mod list on the pdf, here's a layout for those who want to play around.

I have not tried any of the mods.

Re: Brutalist JR

JabboWookie
PCB business cards are available again on his website (if that's your bag).

Re: Brutalist JR

Stymie13
Built this today and it works great, thanks Zanius. I haven't compared schematics but it strikes me as similar to a bare bones DS-1 circuit.

Re: Brutalist JR

Dex3887
Yeah it's NOTHING like a ds1 as far as schematics go. Its closer to the older marshall designs with a fixed tone stack and rat-type filters on the 1st gain stage

Re: Brutalist JR

Fred Russom
I used a B20k for R10(18k), and a B100k with a 20k resistor for R11(120k). Sounds great 👍