Butler/Chandler Tube Driver

moerkb
How about this one? Might be a little scary, as there is a real tube in it, but as far as I can see it, not too complex...?

Schematic

Re: Butler/Chandler Tube Driver

johnk

Re: Butler/Chandler Tube Driver

moerkb
Yeah, saw this after my post as I did not get it on search.
But it is different. If I have the schematic of the Bluetube, I could just change some parts, assuming those two devices are similar.

But unfortunately I was unable to find the scheme for the Bluetube. Maybe I reconstruct it from the the other Thread or ask there for it.

Re: Butler/Chandler Tube Driver

johnk
it IS the bluetube. I just built another one today ( but in a smaller enclosure);

Re: Butler/Chandler Tube Driver

moerkb
I read, the Bluetube has less gain than the Tube Driver? I get too confused by this; maybe I should just build this sucker and be happy...

Re: Butler/Chandler Tube Driver

johnk
along with my clones, I also have both of the originals (a black 'tube driver' and a 'bluetube' driver) and the bluetube has a little less gain. I run 12AU7's in both of mine to lower the gain even more.

Re: Butler/Chandler Tube Driver

moerkb
Ok, let me kindly ask then:

(1) What is the difference in components then?

(2) How much is 'a little'? Is the max just a notch more or really a whole lotta drive...

To say it clear: I don't have a reference of that pedals; I know it just from EJ/DG tunes. But I guess you already know I'm clueless of that details...