CE-2 with Clean Blend

Rock Glenn
Has anyone made any kind of attempt at a  CE-2 with a clean pot? I'm considering putting the split and blend  before the CE-2 with a simple buffer like the Tiger preamp or the Cornish buffer. Would it be wise to put in a clean boost instead with an output buffer on the clean signal?

My goal is to mix in a little clean signal to preserve some of the Treble lost when the CE-2 is engaged.

I used to own a MIJ CE-2 but I hated the lack of sparkle.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
www.reverberation.com/rockglenn

Re: CE-2 with Clean Blend

if you use the split n' blend it's already buffered, so you don't need another one. you've got nothing to loose to give it a shot and see if you like it.

Re: CE-2 with Clean Blend

Rock Glenn
Honestly I was just hoping someone has done it with success. It'll take a large enclosure and some extra time. I'll give it a go.
www.reverberation.com/rockglenn