Can some one help me layout this schematic

Can some one help me layout this schematic

Coreytb

Came up with this little version of a distortion circuit a few weeks ago has a volume, bass and gain pot but I'm just not able to lay it out on strip board so it would be awesome if some one could help me lay out this effect to fit in either a 1590b or bb.

Re: Can some one help me layout this schematic

Synsound
I may have a go at it tonight. What are the values of the diodes? The first looks like polarity protection so I assume 1N4001 would work. Also what is the transistor?
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Can some one help me layout this schematic

Looks very much like a Lovepedal COT50 variant with a simple cap blending tone control at the input.

Re: Can some one help me layout this schematic

Synsound
I'm fairly new to making layouts but i think this should take care of the request. Let me know if I missed anything. If you supply the missing values and a circuit name I'll update the layout and post it to the contributions section.

You need a cut between the 68n and 2M2, looks good to go apart from that though.  Although if you take the anode lead of D1 down to the Hair 3 row you can remove that far right hand link if you want to reduce them.

Re: Can some one help me layout this schematic

Synsound
Thanks Mark. I'll update that as soon as I can.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Can some one help me layout this schematic

Synsound
Mark, I have reviewed the layout and schematic again. I'm not sure a cut should be where you suggest. I know you have a lot more experience, but I am confused here. To me it looks like the 68n and 2M2 meet at the base of the transistor. The other end of that 2m2 connects to the 68n just before the volume pot. If I am incorrect here maybe it's due to a lack of experience. If you still think the change should be made could you please explain. Thanks for taking the time to look it over.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Can some one help me layout this schematic

nocentelli
The link from base to the 2M2 and 68n cap is effectively shorting the 68n cap: You need  the cut.

Re: Can some one help me layout this schematic

dexxyy
You need a cut between the 68nf and 2m2 at bass 3 row. the schematic shows bass 3 connected to 68nf connected to Q1 base, without the cut you have bass 3 connected to 68nf AND Q1 base , so both legs of the 68nf are connected to Q1 base hence it needs a cut.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Can some one help me layout this schematic

Synsound
Thanks guys. I believe I see what you mean now. I will change it.

Yes without that cut you would completely bypass the 68n cap

Re: Can some one help me layout this schematic

Synsound
Alright, here is the revised layout. Some specifics are still unknown but here you go.

Nice one mate

Re: Can some one help me layout this schematic

Synsound
Thanks, I appreciate the help.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Can some one help me layout this schematic

Chris60601
This post was updated on .
Sorry - Couldn't help myself

Here's the Eagle Cad schem and layout I did up real quick. Added values and some sym/asymetrical clipping options. By no means complete, just added some things as possible additions etc.
Provided the files so that the Op can build to his/her own needs.

Not verified and cost should be in the area of about $5.00 for 3 PCBs at OSH.

Chris

GFX_Unknown_Drive_v0.brd
GFX_Unknown_Drive_v0.sch

Images below