Can't login with Windows

MAO

Can't login with Windows

MAO
Every so often, probably after a Windows update, when I attempt to post I get prompted to login, but the login fails.

This happens with both Chrome and MS Edge.

Luckily I can still login on my Android.

Anybody have this happen and/or know how to fix it?

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Can't login with Windows

cjonesplay
I, too, have this problem. Not sure what’s causing it, but damn... it’s annoying!
MAO

Re: Can't login with Windows

MAO
Some progress, I was able to login using Microsoft Edge in Guest mode.

Still can't login with Chrome or Edge. Also tried Chrome Incognito mode, no go.

Android phone is still working.

Hoping this is a clue as to what the fix will be.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Can't login with Windows

Bolsyo
Have you tried clearing cookies and data from this site?
MAO

Re: Can't login with Windows

MAO
Thanks for the suggestion.

Well, tried clearing cache and cookies again just to be sure, then closed down Chrome and Edge.

Restarted, now I can no longer login under the Edge guest profile either!

Rebooted entire laptop, no go.

I know this same thing happened a little while ago, don't know how I got it working again.  Or maybe there was another Window's update that had corrected it for me, not sure.

But it sure seems like it has something to do with the last Windows 10 update.

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Can't login with Windows

Alamondm
im on windows , current update to 11 and im  checing to see if I can reply. If you see this it means it worked.
MAO

Re: Can't login with Windows

MAO
I'm still on Windows 10, may give 11 a try.

For some reason MS Edge is working again.

Chrome still not working.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst
MAO

Re: Can't login with Windows

MAO
Progress with Chrome!

chrome://settings/security

Turned this option on:

Always use secure connections
Upgrade navigations to HTTPS and warn you before loading sites that don't support it

I have logged off, and then back on successfully a few times

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Can't login with Windows

Silver Blues
Yeah I've been having login issues with Chrome too, so I've switched to using Firefox just to get on this site (which does work).

But I just tried that Chrome security trick and lo, that works too. Great to know, thanks!