Castledine The Wizard Switchable Boost (Dirtbox Layouts)

Castledine The Wizard Switchable Boost (Dirtbox Layouts)

squirrels
So I was wondering if it would be easy to make the Rangemaster section on the Castledine Wizard switchable? I used the layout from Dirtbox Layouts (link below). I was thinking of using an SPDT (on/on) and putting lug one to the boards existing input, the effect input to lug two and lug three directly to the gate of Q2. Would I have to disconnect the jumper (using a 3PDT instead) to prevent any further problems? I wasn’t that crazy about this build it first, mainly due to its inability to stack so I figured switching the Rangemaster may help with stacking yet keep the Iommi vibe. I wasn’t sure if I should post the layout or just link it since it’s not from this site even though Anders does post here.

https://dirtboxlayouts.blogspot.com/2019/06/castledine-electronics-wizard.html

Re: Castledine The Wizard Switchable Boost (Dirtbox Layouts)

JSquires820
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Castledine The Wizard Switchable Boost (Dirtbox Layouts)

squirrels
Ok. Got it going... SPDT switch... lug one to G1 (normal board input), input from switch to lug two and lug three to M1. I was surprised how much effect the boost has. It goes from stoner/door to classic rock/blues. I thought the Super Group was much higher gain but compared to some YouTube videos it’s a close approximation. Maybe someone else will find this useful too.