Catalinbread formula 5

Pasq13
Ive put together a formula 5 and its not passing any signal at all i think it might be my offboard wiring as suggested by someone else but I'm lost please help i used this for offboard wiring http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-W-Qb4sAO4Tk/ViUQQsZEsOI/AAAAAAAAGaI/NsdlAc49bls/s1600/Off%2BBoard%2BWiring.png
And im going off of this layout http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/04/catalinbread-formula-no-5.html?m=1#comment-form

Re: Catalinbread formula 5

Suzukiscottie
It looks like you've wired the stompswitch incorrectly.

The solder tabs on the switch need to be horizontal as you look at it. Just like in the link you posted for the offboard wiring.

Re: Catalinbread formula 5

Pasq13
I will give it a try im probably just an idiot thanks!

Re: Catalinbread formula 5

Beaker
Not an idiot at all, just a victim of one of the many rookie errors that catch everyone out at some time or other.

Re: Catalinbread formula 5

Don't worry about it, we've all been there. And believe it or not build problems and silly stuff like this happening is actually a good thing. It gives you the opportunity to learn more about what, why, and how to build better. Most importantly when silly things happen you end up having a mental toolbox of tricks and things to look for when there's a build problem, making you a better and more efficient builder.

If it makes you feel better I once spent something like an hour trying to troubleshoot a build where I didn't get any sound when the effect was on, but bypassed worked great. Took the damn thing apart what felt like a million times, found that it would work when the jacks were out of the enclosure, but not in. It suddenly dawned on me that one of the jacks was grounding on the enclosure, so all I had to do was turn the jack so the tip didn't hit the enclosure and it fired right up.

Better yet I had a build that was driving me nuts that it didn't work when engaged. After sitting trying to look for the usual suspects and everything looked good I realized like 15min in that I didn't put in the transistors. You may be thinking, "how the hell did you miss those?" Well, you see I use sockets so I can do quick swaps and test different parts, so when I looked down at it I saw the sockets and since I was frustrated it didn't work I guess I assumed they were there.

Most embarrassing, but the funny thing is I know every single one of us here has done the same things or something sillier. Long winded way of of trying to be encouraging and letting you know we've all been there man. Btw, from what I see on my phone, I've got to say looks like you did a nice job soldering and relatively neat wiring, especially for a first build.