Cheap ass wah inductors, your welcome

Dex3887
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLENOID-COILS-500-mH-10-PCS-/322303867534?hash=item4b0aceba8e:g:pPUAAOSwal5YDQ02http://

they are $5 plus $8 to ship to the USA from poland. even if they aren't 100% to spec they should still work I presume. They are 500mH(0.5H) I started looking since zach kept putting up all these great wah layouts on the main page. Tell me what you think, will it work as is or do I need to pot it or something?

Re: Cheap ass wah inductors, your welcome

personally i wouldn't spend my money on them. total you're looking at $13. For $7 more you can grab a dunlop fasel or what i would do is contact joe gagan. here's his ebay store. i trust the man with anything wah more that i can say. he'll custom wind one for you, and it will cost you like $20. not only is his stuff amazing, he's not expensive, will help you as much as you need, and he's a big member of the DIY community. in every wah i've build and will build i will only used his inductors and pots. he's wound special ones for me before at no extra cost. there are some things not worth trying to save a couple of bucks over.

Re: Cheap ass wah inductors, your welcome

Dex3887
Absolutely, I couldn't speak highly enough for Joe, I bought a tone tank from him a while back and it sounds god like, just thought I'd put this up for anyone else looking for them, its 10 inductors for $13 shipped, i figure if they are bust I'm not out of pocket a whole lot of cash. I'll report back when I get them in and installed, Which might be in a few weeks or months, never bought anything from Poland.

Re: Cheap ass wah inductors, your welcome

Beaker
I can't comment on the coils, but I have bought stuff from this seller before. He is, like the vast majority of these East European sellers, honest and reliable. Postage is generally very quick from East Europe, usually only a few days to the UK. My guess is that you will have them in 10 days, unless US customs want to detain them.