Clarinot thanks and questions

moid
Hello everyone

I'm not sure where to post this but I've just completed a build of the clarinot from the plans on this site and I wanted to say thankyou to whoever drew the plans and placed them here :) It took me a few attempts to get it working but I'm glad I perservered, it's a wonderfully odd thing!

I have a couple of questions about it.  The fuzz lift control which is an SPST switch - could this be changed to a pot to enable a blend of the clean guitar and the fuzz sound? If so what sort of pot should I use and what lugs would the two Fuzz lift wires connect to? Also is there anywhere on the circuit that a control for the strength of the fuzz could be added? I've only built a couple of fuzz pedals so far but they've all used transistors to generate the fuzz and there aren;t any on this pedal so I don't know what makes the fuzz texture. Sorry if these are obvious questions I'm quite new to this sort of thing. Thanks for any opinions :)

Re: Clarinot thanks and questions

Synsound
I got the best results with a 500 ohm pot for the fuzz control. That said, it isn't worth doing. That fuzz sounds best as is. I plan to take the fuzz out of mine to make room for the LFO mod. I have it wired in and working but all the guts are just hanging out because I've been lazy.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Clarinot thanks and questions

moid
Thanks for letting me know - I'll keep it as it is then. I was really pleased with it, the pedal almost has a life of its own. I've now got a pile of PT2399 chips so I think maybe I'll try to tackle a delay next.