Convert centre positive battery pack into centre negative?

Convert centre positive battery pack into centre negative?

Big Bob
Hi, I'm going to be busking with my electric and want to use my delay pedal. Unfortunately, it chews up batteries so I have bought a 12v rechargeable power supply (much greater aH rating than 9v units) and a 12v to 9v stepdown unit. However, the power supply has a centre-positive barrel plug. Can I simply cut the wires, reverse them, solder and re-insulate or is there something else involved? Alternatively, are there cable adapters I can just plug into to reverse the polarity? Hope you can help!

Re: Convert centre positive battery pack into centre negative?

induction
Big Bob wrote
Can I simply cut the wires, reverse them, solder and re-insulate ...?
Yup.

Re: Convert centre positive battery pack into centre negative?

Big Bob
Thanks for that extremely concise and to the point answer!