Converting 9V AC to 9V DC

Goga
Hi people,

I have bought 220V ; 1.5A dual 9VAC output transformer and I want to make two separate
DC outputs for my power adapter.

Can someone please send me some vero board that will make this conversion?
I have checked what kind of components are used in the Chinese low quality adapters
and I don't like it, I know that someone from you will have the right solution and it will be
simple to build.

!!!!!It's my first high voltage build so first of all I'll be very careful and I recommend to anyone that will
read this post in future to do not make attempts to build this without supervision of an experienced
electrician!!!

Thanks

Re: Converting 9V AC to 9V DC

Have a look at this by Paul

http://www.paulinthelab.com/2012/12/guitar-fx-regulated-power-supply.html

It has the rectifier circuit and you can just ignore 2 of the outputs.

Re: Converting 9V AC to 9V DC

Goga
So this is how it should be or I'm mistaking something?

Thanks Mark for your fast reply as always!

Re: Converting 9V AC to 9V DC

No you've taken out the links which are required.  Take C17 and the links down to the Q2 rows and then add the required links between LM2940s.  Ground should be the 3rd row, not 5th.

Re: Converting 9V AC to 9V DC

Goga

I think I have learned my lesson (never to do this when your tired ) hahaha
Mark please check this out if its right :)

Thanks

Re: Converting 9V AC to 9V DC

Yes looks good to me

Re: Converting 9V AC to 9V DC

Goga
Dear people,
because this was my first high voltage project I felt the responsibility to share the results.
Success!!!!

I have made a 9V DC adapter and basically flowing the schematic above with minor changes.
I used the Grets instead of diodes and also I did't put any extra diodes nor resistors.
The Q that I have used is L78S09CV with a good cooling, 4700UF 35V capacitor and also other two 100uF 16V ceramic capacitors in front and after the Q. Last in front of the 9V exits I have put 100uF capacitor fo any case.
The transformer is 2x9V AC 1.38W output power and it's not shielded its regular.
I don't have any buzz or something like that everything is working in a best order!
There is a BUT!! I my country(Macedonia) this project is totally expensive and it doesn't payoff!
The casing costed around 9$+ transformer 12$ all other electronics around 15$ and the price goes up...with this money you can buy any BOSS or other Chinese type of adapters...
Here are some pics
https://www.flickr.com/photos/95025812@N07/13930651659/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/95025812@N07/14122059791/

Thanks to all for the support
Love
Gogo

Re: Converting 9V AC to 9V DC

Nice job Gogo.  Sometimes we don't do these things because they're cheaper, we do them just because of the satisfaction we get making something ourselves.

Re: Converting 9V AC to 9V DC

Goga
Thanks Mark, without your full support this was not possible
Please TO ALL BEGINNERS! NEVER DO THIS IF YOU ARE NOT TOTALLY SURE WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!
ALWAYS UNPLUG THE MAIN SOURCE 220V BEFORE MAKING REPAIRS AND ADJUSTMENTS!!!
ISOLATE THE MAIN SOURCE 220V or 110V or any HIGH VOLTAGE SOURCE!!!!!!

Here are some more pics :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95025812@N07/14126314534/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/95025812@N07/14123000542/

p.s Poxipol is an excellent glue to glue two different materials together (the switch and the power input is secured with that). After a day it becomes rock hard.
The first time when I have mounted the transformer I have used "Moment fix" the black one. It does not get dry for 10sec but after a day I had very good results.

Thanks ALL