DANELECTRO FRENCH FRIES

peter1966
Hi,
I don't know how to do the wiring for the Danelectro french fries with a 3pdt switch and a led.
Can you give me any help??

(I am new in the forum and I don,t know if this is the right procedure).

Thanks

Re: DANELECTRO FRENCH FRIES

Hozy31
Go to the tab above which reads "Offboard", you'll find how to wire your pedal in there. Good luck.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: DANELECTRO FRENCH FRIES

peter1966
Thanks for the quick responce, but in the "offboard" tab it shows a pcb with only 4 wiring connections (9v / gnd / in / out). Now  we have 9v / gnd / in / out / reso2 / reso3 / sw3 / sw5. And it says that reso1+sw6 goes to gnd, reso3 goes to sw2 and sw2 goes to sw4. I think this is a lot different than the "offboard" wiring tab.

Re: DANELECTRO FRENCH FRIES

Ciaran Haslett
All that means "connect x row to y pot lug with wire" or "connect switch lug to ANY ground point with wire."
When we refer to "off board" we mean things like the foot switch, DC socket or battery, jacks.  All pots and other switches are considered part of the circuit therefore NOT off board.

Take a look at the show your guts thread to see what some finished builds look like inside.

Re: DANELECTRO FRENCH FRIES

PMowdes

OK, so off-board you have a resonance pot and an additional double pole double throw (DPDT on/on) switch.

Wire the main stomp switch (3pdt) as it shows on the off board wiring page.

Make sure that the lugs of the 3pdt switch are horizontal.

Input / output / 9V  / GND are all marked on the board layout.  Wire these to the corresponding positions on the switch.

The additional off-board wiring is explained on the layout.

Wire lug 1 of the resonance potentiometer to position 6 of the DPDT switch.  then take another wire from position 6 (or lug 1 of the pot) and solder it to GND.  You can do this anywhere you have a GND connection so long as it all connects back to the GND pole of the power jack.  So you could solder it to the GND lug of the input or output jack, or directly to the GND of the power connector, whatever is easiest.

Wire lug 3 of the potentiometer to position 2 of the DPDT switch, and connect position 2 and position 4 of the DPDT.

Positions 3 and 5 are wired to the DPDT from the board.

Finally wire the board to lugs 2 and 3 of the resonance potentiometer.

Re: DANELECTRO FRENCH FRIES

PMowdes

Re: DANELECTRO FRENCH FRIES

peter1966
So, what you are saying is that I don't only need a 3pdt switch but I also need a dpdt switch too.
Sorry, I misunderstood. Now it is clear to me.

Thanks

Re: DANELECTRO FRENCH FRIES

PMowdes

Yes.

The 3pdt switches your LED on and off, and routes the input and output to and from the board, and also allows the effect to be bypassed when it's off.  This is common to nearly all of the layouts on here, unless they do something specific which calls for alternative wiring (such as delay effects with tails)

The DPDT switch in this case operates a function of the effect and is in addition to the standard offboard wiring.