DBA Interstellar Overdriver - flipped Tranis

DBA Interstellar Overdriver - flipped Tranis

Tune Tone
I am still playing around with this pedal. Now when flipping the tranis (the C gets the E position and vice verse) I got way more crazy gain signal which I like. Still it seems to be really gated.

Instead of 180K resis I used 120K.

I did not include for now the Resi going from Gain1_1 to Ground instead I soldered sockets in these positions to see what fits most ( I am still aiming to have a good healthy signal which dosnt varies to much from the clean signal when the Gain knobs is all the way down.

And instead of the 3.3k resi I got a 1K resi

Sounds like this:

k0h7dI8M&feature=youtu.be">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0-k0h7dI8M&feature=youtu.be

The original layout:

the layout with my changes:

thank you for any help!

Re: DBA Interstellar Overdriver - flipped Tranis

Tune Tone
anyone ? some help ?

Re: DBA Interstellar Overdriver - flipped Tranis

The gating issue would be due to the transistors not biasing correctly. In this situation I'm not sure what you can do to fix that since the voltage should be entering the collector not the emitter, and the emitter should be going to ground with a resistor to control the voltage. Now, you have it backwash, with the voltage entering the emitter and leaving the collector. Two suggestions. One, put it back to normal and play with the resistors that are emitter to ground until it the voltage is correct or the pedal sounds as you want it to. Two, I think it sounded awesome when you had the gain maxed, so you could just place a resistor in place of the gain pot and just have a volume control.

Re: DBA Interstellar Overdriver - flipped Tranis

Tune Tone
alright thats a starts ! thanks al ot
I would go for trying the first suggestion.. I build it to a friend and although the DBA circuits are a bit of a mystery to crack one to one as from what I read... I told him that I would try and reach the original as much as possible.
So yeah flipping the tranis back to their normal state is not a bad idea ..
well one thing is true thought, going from 180K to 120K on the Emitter resis results in more juicy gain ( I LIKE !)

would you say placing a 10k trimmer on the 10K resi position and playing with it will set how much volume there is when the Gain knobsi turned down ??

Would trying different velues of Potis might be it as well in terms of more volume ? instead of the 100 K maybe 75 or 50 ?

best,
Assaf