DBA Octave Clang

Fuzzguy801
Just watch the demo vid for real. This thing sounds great and I would love to build one. I have seen many DBA layouts here so I thought I would ask about this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pQE-tabGUL4

Re: DBA Octave Clang

Jopn
The other DBA layouts were done because there were schematics available for them.

Is there a schematic available for this?  It's usually left to the requester to provide that information/link.
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: DBA Octave Clang

anders
Bringing this one up again...found a schem that is verified but couldn't find a vero anywhere.

Cheers
Speedy

Re: DBA Octave Clang

Alex
Tried to build this twice but never managed to make it work.
I had to leave some space for the transformer.
Used the same schematics:

Re: DBA Octave Clang

anders
COOL!. tHANKS FOR THE LAYOU! i GUESS i WILL TRY

Cool! Thanks for the layout! I will build it as well, I guess I can expect some tweaking with transformers and IC's.

Re: DBA Octave Clang

Alex
You might.
Someone on FSB also suggested that High Reverse Current diodes (germanium or schottky) are the only way to make it work.

Re: DBA Octave Clang

anders
I finally built according to the vero above and it works and sounds great. Didn't have the excact values on hand, 68k resistor instead of 62k, 200kb tone pot instead of 250bk. Tried several transformers like 42TM018 and 42TM019 and both works, still waiting for the 42TM002 to arrive.

The only issue is the tone pot which acts like a gain knob reversed.

Thanks again for the layout.

Cheers /

Re: DBA Octave Clang

anders
Oh, by the way, for the diodes I used russian d311's so any ge or shottky should work.

Re: DBA Octave Clang

Alex
Great! God knows why mine never worked.
Weird about the tone control.
Did you add cuts under C-5 and D-5?

Re: DBA Octave Clang

anders
Yes, two cuts under 910k, was a bit unsure about that one.

Re: DBA Octave Clang

Alex
This post was updated on .
Tested the board I've built some time ago and I'm had the same problem!
The tone doesn't work as it should.
I'm not sure because the layout matches the schematic.
Tone 1 should be 3.