DEATH BY AUDIO - FUZZ WAR v.1 VERIFIED

Acronso

Re: DEATH BY AUDIO - FUZZ WAR v.1 VERIFIED

boratto
i have some 1n270 (vintage ones) and 1n34 (but not the "A")... what do you think?

Re: DEATH BY AUDIO - FUZZ WAR v.1 VERIFIED

It is just awesome how many people are putting great layouts together now.  Thanks for sharing Acronso!

To boratto, the main difference I have found in clipping diodes is based on their forward voltage drop.  An authentic germanium diode will be somewhere between 0.25 and 0.35V and so both the 1N34, 1N34A and 1N270 will give you similar results.  There may be subtle differences, but they won't be a million miles away from each other so I'd just use what you have to hand.

Re: DEATH BY AUDIO - FUZZ WAR v.1 VERIFIED

boratto
Thank you Mark, for this one, i´ll go with i have in hands.