DEMO VIDEO FLAPJACK OD OUT OF THE BOX

MOPO
Hello,

Trial demo test pedal overdrive flapjack effdub shemas according to the site. The pedal is outside of the box, on the test bench ..
In this video you will get an overview of the use of a test bench like beavis board and improvements that we can make.
You can also make an audible and visual idea about the possibilities of modifying the schemas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8XuPUj9kfU&feature=youtu.be

Forgive me if my English is not correct, I have used google translation.

thank you

@ +

Re: DEMO VIDEO FLAPJACK OD OUT OF THE BOX

iggy
Wow. That's an amazing test platform you've built. Very impressive. Now I'm not happy with my set-up. Time to order more parts. LOL.

Re: DEMO VIDEO FLAPJACK OD OUT OF THE BOX

Re: DEMO VIDEO FLAPJACK OD OUT OF THE BOX

Chris60601
Indeed it is. Would like to see a section just for build demos too.
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: DEMO VIDEO FLAPJACK OD OUT OF THE BOX

MOPO

Re: DEMO VIDEO FLAPJACK OD OUT OF THE BOX

Frank_NH
Yeah, that is a rockin' test rig (and Flapjack), MOPO!  It would be cool to have the voltage go from 0 - 18V.  I loved hearing the effect of reduced voltage (sounded as I would expect).

I need to redo my test rig and add a 9V jack to augment my battery, with an optional 12V and 18V supply.   Also want to add shielded cables for input and output.

One thing I'm thinking about is a way to easily wire up the pots for a test build.  I usually don't solder the pots to the control wires since I'll have to desolder them later when (if) I box it up.  Same with switches.  Instead I use alligator clips, which work but make for a messy bench when I'm testing.  Any ideas?

Re: DEMO VIDEO FLAPJACK OD OUT OF THE BOX

MOPO
For voltage for testing now I use a Harley Benton PowerPlant.
For the above 9 volts I have a 18-volt transformer and I have built the board of beavis devolt to any voltage between 9 and 18 volts.
I also used this dévolt on some pedals, I have even integrated into a pedal with display.
For knobs that is the uncertain part, I have to take ssay who seemed the most common .............. but it always falls on the case or not you have the right . Those are significant for me that is to be able to switch this or that and see the difference easily on the test bench.
Three legs to see each and I have put 22 potentiometers, its been 66 terminals, that is why I have to opt for the breadboard cut :).
OF aillor to cut and to cut the belt plates (veroboard) I am more hacksaw but at the Proxxon KS Micromot 230Scie table circular.
its working very well it's more clean and precise.
Its costs a hundred euros but if you are the DIY can also be used to cut with details of other materials.

I do not know if what I write will understand because I can not check google translation so if there are inconsistencies forgive me :)

Re: DEMO VIDEO FLAPJACK OD OUT OF THE BOX

motterpaul
I would really like like to see an overview of the test bench, too.

The pots system is already efficient - pretty fast to hook up. You could just keep that same system and swap out different pots as needed  - as long as you have more pots already pre-wired with breadboard jumpers soldered to them. Just put the wires for different pots in that strip that is already there.

Is that just a regular DMM you have measuring resistors and caps, or is that a system to switch out different resistors & caps by just dialing them up (I thought I saw both).

Re: DEMO VIDEO FLAPJACK OD OUT OF THE BOX

MOPO