DEMO VIDEO HARMONIC TRANSFORMER (Death By Audio)

DEMO VIDEO HARMONIC TRANSFORMER (Death By Audio)

MOPO

Re: DEMO VIDEO HARMONIC TRANSFORMER (Death By Audio)

Muadzin
Truly sounding bloody awful! Death by Audio truly lives up to its name.

So how did you get it to work? From what I can gather DBA circuits are relatively easy circuit wise but harder then nails to get those reverse transistors to work right.

Re: DEMO VIDEO HARMONIC TRANSFORMER (Death By Audio)

MOPO

Re: DEMO VIDEO HARMONIC TRANSFORMER (Death By Audio)

tabbycat
hey mopo (do you prefer mopo or fred? i notice your layouts say fred),

thanks for the demo. i have little teisco like that too. same as this model https://ssli.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFg1NzY=/z/7F4AAOSwKIpV-w~F/$_86.JPG but i've stripped the tinny electrics and hardware out and rebuilt it hotrod stylee with a decent bridge and high gain hums. everyone should have a baby teisco. the ultimate rock toy.

as for the harmonic transformer, if you like the gating then that's cool. a chacun son gout, comme ils disent. but i'm not a big gate fan really, so in search of more sustain i swapped out the 2n5088 i originally tried for the highest hfe 2n5089 i had, and picked out the closest six i could group.
am not sure if the high hfe is important or the fact that they are very closely grouped (my 2n5088 came in around 500hfe i think). but when i got all six to 890-910hfe it really became a richer and more sustaining more harmonically interesting tone. the harmonics had full time to develop and bloom, which i found they couldn't when it was gating off so quick.
so i thought i'd throw that to you as an option next time you have the pedal on your bench.

a bientot.

Re: DEMO VIDEO HARMONIC TRANSFORMER (Death By Audio)

MOPO
Hello Tabb

Fred is my first name and a nickname came mopo mogo 80 years of French punk so it's choice :)

Not bad as your model, I have not had a chance to try it but I'm sure to rock her to do it too :)
J 'have another teisco also with a micro

To transform the harmonic I have built before the implementation .......... page sen at that time I was doing all right without it on diylc ........ I just noticed on setting page any modification, not the tests that I had done ..........
I had tried in concert ............ had hurt his eardrums :-).

Sorry if my English is not perfect I used google translation

@+