DOD FX13 Gonkulator - Schematic inside

notnews
I'm sure fans of this DOD work of artnoiseclingclangbliss are aware of this schematic... I figured I'd make this available here in case anyone with vero drafting skills wanted to make this one up:

http://www.freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=1524

Best regards TBE
-Alex

Re: DOD FX13 Gonkulator - Schematic inside

velouriafx
Anyone find a layout or made one for this? I really want to test this thing.

Re: DOD FX13 Gonkulator - Schematic inside

Alex
I've removed the switch.
Would this work?

Re: DOD FX13 Gonkulator - Schematic inside

velouriafx
I don't know, but if you draw a layout, I promise to test it haha

Re: DOD FX13 Gonkulator - Schematic inside

Emil
This post was updated on .
I gave this a try. I'm new at this, so I don't have a lot of vero layout skills. But I figured the only way to learn is to give it a go, and then someone who knows more can correct my work :).

I've checked the layout, but there might be mistakes on there still.

Some notes:

The capacitor labels were a bit confusing to me. I might have misunderstood these?

R4 has a label but no symbol in the schematic, so I just hazard a guess that it was between R3/C5 and C2?

R58 says OMIT. Does it mean it can be omitted?

Don't know the taper of the pots, so one should probably experiment with those.

Edit: Updated vero

Re: DOD FX13 Gonkulator - Schematic inside

Emil
Had a quick look at the unmodified layout and that R4 (100K) looks like it was part of the switching that should be removed. So I deleted it from the layout and made a update.

Re: DOD FX13 Gonkulator - Schematic inside

Emil
This post was updated on .
I just realised I made a mistake on the layout. That 5k Tone (Null) is actually a trimpot and not an external pot. It is a bias to tame the bleedthrough of the carrier. I'm gonna move things around on the layout and fit a trimpot in there instead.

From what I've read there will be some noise from the carrier. However some mods could reduce it.

Also, the 33k resistor around IC3 (top of the board) sets the ringmodulator frequency. This is fixed in the original. So you might want to turn that into an external pot instead. This would make it closer to the reissue version.

Just waiting for parts now, then I'm going to try it .

Re: DOD FX13 Gonkulator - Schematic inside

Emil
There. I went through the whole thing again. Put the trimmer in, found a handful of errors that have been corrected, got it down one row and added a board without components.

Updated vero above!