DOD FX32 Meatbox

Re: DOD FX32 Meatbox

Sphere80
I bought mine at Smallbear.

Re: DOD FX32 Meatbox

BetterOffShred
Well I got a chip coming for this.  I've been playing the 8 string a lot lately so I'm looking forward to some bass thud..

Re: DOD FX32 Meatbox

Traverse
Hi every one!

I found this schematic in Fsb as mention previously. It's the meatbox reissue schematic, someone labeled the missing values, he said he took the values from the first edition.
Do you think it's possible to find the values for input and output caps?

I'm want to give it a try, I'm ready to draw the layout, but I don't have enought electronic knoweledge to find those missing values.

thank's

Re: DOD FX32 Meatbox

BetterOffShred
Input cap says 220n or 47n..  the output says guess a cap ..

Re: DOD FX32 Meatbox

Sphere80
Has anyone else built Alex's layout? It worked fine for me.  The original uses W100k pots, like many DOD pedals of the time while I'm using B100k.

 There's a PCB out now, but I haven't checked if there are any differences. I uses the original's schematic:
http://lectric-fx.com/product/soy-sauce-subharmonizer/

Re: DOD FX32 Meatbox

Traverse
Hi everyone!

I jut finish to built it with Alex's layout.

I have a questions for those who build it :

Do you have the subharmonic on counterclockwise of the meat/mix pot (oposite of my labelling on my picture) ? I was expectnig to have them on clowise side as labelled on my draw.

I have been a bit surprised by the interaction between pots.

I use 100k A pot for the volume, and 100k B for tothers with added 47k resistors between lug 1&2 and 2&3 on the meat pot to get a pot with a w taper.

Thank's for the layout and the work arround this beast

Re: DOD FX32 Meatbox

GrooveChampion
So adding two resistors between lugs 1&2 aand 2&3 equal to the pot value yeild a W taper? I looked at the charts they have a similar taper to logarithmic pots.

Re: DOD FX32 Meatbox

Traverse
I try something like in A on this picture. But I'm probably wrong.

Re: DOD FX32 Meatbox

GrooveChampion
I believe I read somewhere that W and S tapers are two different things.

Re: DOD FX32 Meatbox

Traverse
I thought S taper and W taper were differents labeling for the same curve.
I found this link about the mod I made : http://electro-music.com/forum/phpbb-files/pot_taper_amz_168.pdf
123