DPDT with LED Wiring

syamilaliff
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DPDT with LED Wiring

Kvn93
Someone more experienced feel free to correct me... but I don't think there is any "easy" way to do it other than millennium bypass switching. I think 3pdt would be the best route if you can  swing it

Re: DPDT with LED Wiring

syamilaliff
Kvn93 wrote
Someone more experienced feel free to correct me... but I don't think there is any "easy" way to do it other than millennium bypass switching. I think 3pdt would be the best route if you can  swing it
I've read about the millennium bypass thing but if I'm not mistaken, it is for true bypass connection.

What I am looking here is just a buffered bypass with on/off LED indicator.

My wiring is like below :-

Circuit Ground to DC Ground
Circuit Input to Input Tip
Circuit Output to Output Tip
Input Sleeve to Output Sleeve

I just don't know how to wire the DPDT toggle switch.

BTW, thanks Kvn93 . I hope somebody with more experience will come and shed some light.

Re: DPDT with LED Wiring

Kvn93
Ohhh i was under the assumption that you wanted true bypass, sorry! In that case, maybe the GGG diagrams will help if you haven't already checked them out. They have 2 non true bypass dpdt diagrams both with LEDs. Like this?

Re: DPDT with LED Wiring

syamilaliff
Kvn93 wrote
Ohhh i was under the assumption that you wanted true bypass, sorry! In that case, maybe the GGG diagrams will help if you haven't already checked them out. They have 2 non true bypass dpdt diagrams both with LEDs. Like this?

YESSSS!!!!

Thanks Kvn93!! Unfortunately, it is quite late over here. I'll heat up my iron tomorrow.

Re: DPDT with LED Wiring

Zanius
If you are using a toggle switch instead of a footswitch you don't really need a led indicator. The switch's position indicates if it is on or off. Also there is a very good reason why no one wires their effects like this anymore, it is quite tone-sucking. Lastly, a buffer with a switch isn't something you see very often. You either need a buffer or you don't. You are never gonna turn it on or off while playing. The only reason to have a switch is if you want to hear the difference on the fly.

Just my thoughts, you may act as you like of course :)

Re: DPDT with LED Wiring

the wiring mentioned above is not true bypass, so the buffer will always be in the signal path and not be tone sucking. i agree that as a standalone non-true bypass seems pointless because the buffer will technically always be in the signal path.

you're right that without a buffer and wiring without true bypass can cause tone suck, due to the circuit never really being off and out of the signal path.

Re: DPDT with LED Wiring

syamilaliff
rocket88 wrote
the wiring mentioned above is not true bypass, so the buffer will always be in the signal path and not be tone sucking. i agree that as a standalone non-true bypass seems pointless because the buffer will technically always be in the signal path.

you're right that without a buffer and wiring without true bypass can cause tone suck, due to the circuit never really being off and out of the signal path.
Yeah I'm aware with the tone sucking. I usually wire them with 3pdt but apparently none left. Hence I'm experimenting with dpdt toggle switch.

Thanks for the replies guys