Dam Ezekiel ?

Mulekicker
I built an Ezekiel for my friend last night and it sounds great. My question is about the clean blend. When maxed I can still hear the clean signal. It gets less pronounced as I turn the pot cw but it's still there at full rotation. If anyone has built one, is that normal? Also, it seems more intuitive for the clean signal to get stronger as the pot is turned up, not vice versa.

Re: Dam Ezekiel ?

BetterOffShred
Layout or schematic used ?

Re: Dam Ezekiel ?

Mulekicker
Oh sorry. Meant to add that I built it from the layout on the main page.

Re: Dam Ezekiel ?

Zanius
I think you would still hear the signal in any overdrive in the gain range of the Eze. I mean, it's not so distorted after all. I don't know what amount we're talking so we can't rule out some mistake. Also have in mind your instrument or your line of effects may play a role here. If you still think it's too much for you, you can maybe dial it down a bit by introducing some resistance before it hits the blend pot.
For the pot to act as you would like, reverse the connections on lugs 1 & 3 on the blend pot :)

Re: Dam Ezekiel ?

Mulekicker
Right on. It's subtle and it doesn't bother me, it sounds great. I just wanted to make sure it was normal behavior before I passed it on. Thanks!