Darkadiator - discrete guitar synth

Freppo
Hi there folks,

I've just released a new DIY project - the "Darkadiator".
It's a "guitar synth" square wave fuzz with pwm, octave down and modulation.
But unlike my other CMOS projects, this is a 100% transistor based design.

It also has a few unique sounds. :)

More info, PCB ect. at www.parasitstudio.se

Vero layout
https://www.parasitstudio.se/uploads/2/4/4/9/2449159/darkadiator.png

I hope you like it. :)

Best regards
/ Fredrik, Parasit Studio

check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Darkadiator - discrete guitar synth

Pariah
This is amazing! Really versatile. Verified genius! Been admiring your work for ages. Don't normally go in for synthy fuzz, but this one got me... Maybe it was pac-man, but a breeze from sometime in the early 80s just hit me. Cheers man!

Re: Darkadiator - discrete guitar synth

BetterOffShred
I just finally got an Xorcist board, bit I definitely want to give this and the regular arcadiator a spin

Re: Darkadiator - discrete guitar synth

Freppo
Pariah wrote
This is amazing! Really versatile. Verified genius! Been admiring your work for ages. Don't normally go in for synthy fuzz, but this one got me... Maybe it was pac-man, but a breeze from sometime in the early 80s just hit me. Cheers man!
Thank you! I'm glad you like it :)
Cheers!

BetterOffShred wrote
I just finally got an Xorcist board, bit I definitely want to give this and the regular arcadiator a spin
Cool! :)
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Darkadiator - discrete guitar synth

SmokeAndBeers
I built up the vero layout and its a great design! Thanks for providing it.  Sounds awesome.  I have been running into a strange thing with the LFO.  When the Rate control is turned up fairly high, the LFO will cut out once I stop playing and won't start up again unless I turn the switch off and then turn it back on again.  It doesn't seem to happen at mid or low Rate speeds.  I was wondering if that is just normal behavior or if something may be wrong with my board that I'm not seeing.

Re: Darkadiator - discrete guitar synth

BetterOffShred
Did you use the recommended speed pot value?  I've had LFOs quit working with the wrong size pot..

Re: Darkadiator - discrete guitar synth

SmokeAndBeers
Thanks for replying.  I used a B25K which is what is listed on the layout and the BOM but I just checked the schematic in the build docs and it says B20K on the schematic.  So that is whats happening I'm guessing. This is only the second LFO I've done so I wouldn't have suspected that without you pointing it out.  Thanks again.