Dca55 and j201

kirshman
should the 55 be able to get readings on the j201? I've tried to measure 10 of mine and it just says n-channel junction fet on all of them.  Then if I scroll it says drain and source not identified.  So is this normal, are all of my 201s bad, or is my 55 strange?  Its reading my germanium seemingly fine.

Re: Dca55 and j201

The DCA55 can't measure FETs. The DCA75 can though

The DCA55 can usually only tell you whether a FET is N channel or P channel and maybe the pinout

Re: Dca55 and j201

correct. the dca55 can't tell you the whole pinout, but will also tell you the gate, if i remember correctly. i forget cause i upgraded to the DCA75 which can measure fets.

Re: Dca55 and j201

kirshman
Good to know.  Thanks guys!

Re: Dca55 and j201

The good thing is that if you know which pin is the gate, then you can see if the pinout is DSG or DGS so basically just from knowing the gate you can know the rest of the pinout as well sometimes