Dead Astronaut Black Triangle

ian_m
Could someone please make a vero layout for the Dead Astronaut Black Triangle overdrive?
Schematic is available at https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/ff4c6c_35a41931f52047c79ca33398a86191b3.pdf
Many thanks
Ian

Re: Dead Astronaut Black Triangle

Zanius
This post was updated on .
Here! Unverified, just drawn it up!
He uses a anti-pop wiring for the led. It feels a bit weird to me to use space and extra cables on the board for that so I left it out.
He also presents the pedal with 3 red leds showing the clipping. There is no special place for them on the pcb, from what I gather those three leds are (from left to right on the board) #1or2,  #3,  #4or5.

***Updated 27/6****
Both observations correct, here is the updated layout!
***Re-updated November 23, layout is now VERIFIED :) ***

Re: Dead Astronaut Black Triangle

ian_m
Thanks, that was quick! Just waiting on Tayda for parts so I can try it out.
Cheers
Ian

"Zanius [via Guitar FX Layouts]" <[hidden email]>

He uses a anti-pop wiring for the led. It feels a bit weird to me to use space and extra cables on the board for that so I left it out.
He also presents the pedal with 3 red leds showing the clipping. There is no special place for them on the pcb, from what I gather those three leds are (from left to right on the board) #1or2,  #3,  #4or5.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Dead-Astronaut-Black-Triangle-tp43238p43242.html
To unsubscribe from Dead Astronaut Black Triangle, click here.
NAML

Re: Dead Astronaut Black Triangle

Hozy31
Zanius, looking at the schem there seems to be a 220n, 470n and 100R missing from your layout.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Dead Astronaut Black Triangle

ian_m
Zanius,
Comparing the schematic and the layout, I think that SWC is the "2nd clipping stage", and SWB is the "gains". In the layout, SWB has only one connection, it should switch the missing capacitors and resistor that Hozy31 identified.

Cheers
Ian

"Hozy31 [via Guitar FX Layouts]" <[hidden email]>

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Dead-Astronaut-Black-Triangle-tp43238p43321.html
To unsubscribe from Dead Astronaut Black Triangle, click here.
NAML

Re: Dead Astronaut Black Triangle

Zanius
Yeah, I forgot most of the switch circuit, big deal

So, layout updated, thanks for the observations guys!

Re: Dead Astronaut Black Triangle

BetterOffShred
Built it.  Only one error, second cut down on the far left, column D, row E..  no cut. That cut isolates the 22k so the pedal is at full gain all the time ;)  otherwise perfect.  Sounds great.  I got a LM1458 in mine right now, may socket that 47p at pins 1 and 2.. has a little bit of fizz.

Thanks Zanius.

Also this is essentially a really high gain tube screamer, without buffers.  It squeals at high gain.. I may try some buffers just to see if that fixes the squeal.. I know it did in the Quantum Mystic (250 based but still .. )

Re: Dead Astronaut Black Triangle

Zanius
Sorry, lost track on this one. Yeah, left a cut there hidden under the resitor :)
Updating the main layout as verified!