Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

Charan
Hi, I heard a demo of the Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz, which I believe is a heavily modded Big Muff circuit. He does not have the PCBs for sale on the website and he posted the schematic and perf layout on DIYstompboxes:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=102861.msg930512#msg930512

It looks like a surprisingly simple circuit for something so versatile.
https://youtu.be/NyMOOY_60vA

I was wondering if anyone has done this on veroboard. Thanks!

mug

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

mug
This post was updated on .
Hey there,
here's my attempt for a vero - but be sure to check it against the schematic before giving it a try!
Did not find info on the diodes 1-4 though.

As always I ended up with a link running cross-board finally

EDIT: Layout updated (Input added)
mug

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

mug
Found an entry by deadastronaut himself stating either 5088 or 3904 work nicely for Q's and diodes should be 4148 or BAT85
here's the post: LINK

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

Man that sounds badass in the demo. Didn't realize DA is such a shredder! Might have to try this one out.

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

Charan
WOW! That's great, thanks for doing it. It will take me a while to get this together, but
I'll post when I do it.

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

Hozy31
Were does the input go?
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

Looks like it will go to A-E (the bottom leg of the 33K on the left toward the top)

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

Hozy31
Thanks Travis. I sort of expected it to go there due to the 1M pulldown resistor.
"Red velvet lines the black box"
mug

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

mug
Ouch, sorry guys  I'll fix the layout as soon as i'm back at - well, where the computer is
mug

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

mug
Input added

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

Alex
Great layout Mug!
Done one last year for the main page but then forgot about it (have a few of those)!
It came out a bit smaller (21x15).

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

Hozy31
Would love to see your version Alex, now you've mentioned it .
"Red velvet lines the black box"
mug

Thanks Travis - and I'd be interested to see your layout too - curious how you managed to get it smaller (experience I guess )
If you don't mind would you post/send it?

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

Alex
Just more practice and luck, I guess.
I'll add it to the main page.
mug

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

mug
Thank you Alex - interesting to see how you did the layout. I especially like the arrangement of pot connections, its so much neater to wire the pots when they're grouped

Re: Dead Astronaut Space Patrol Fuzz

PMowdes
Any reason these two 100K resistors (R21 + R13) cant be replaced with a single 200K??