Death by Audio Thee Fuzz Warr Overload 1st edition - Verified

Death by Audio Thee Fuzz Warr Overload 1st edition - Verified

anders
This post was updated on .
Here is a verified layout of the first version of Thee Fuzz Warr Overload which initially was a custom pedal for John Dwyer of Thee Oh Sees. It was also for sale in limited quantities.
So, what it is?. It's basically a 4 transistor Fuzz War with a switchable "treble booster" tacked at the end. Or a switchable active high pass filter which is a more accurate description. The addon circuit is reverse beta stage seen in many older Death by Audio designs. The 1 nF input cap along with the reverse beta stage clipping achieves a really aggressive and piercing sound when pushed by the Fuzz war circuit although when used alone tthe sound is quite thin and there is not much volume boost.

I traced this from gutshots and it works as it should according to people who has played the real deal.

Verified vero layout.

And here is a schematic and a layout of the "booster" circuit.

The one transistor layout above works really good after other dirtboxes, I plan to put it after a Meathead Dark which sounded awesome.

Re: Death by Audio Thee Fuzz Warr Overload 1st edition - Verified

Teddeeh
You cheeky saucepot.  Ill give this a go.
Just wanna give you a big thank you for all you do man. You do some great work and its muchly appreciated.

Re: Death by Audio Thee Fuzz Warr Overload 1st edition - Verified

anders
Well, hold your breath since I will post the Armageddon later today....

Re: Death by Audio Thee Fuzz Warr Overload 1st edition - Verified

Teddeeh
The plot thickens, as does your saucier nature..