Demeter fat control install...

Ravenswerld
     Hello, please can someone help me figure out how to install a demeter fat control into a Tele? Since I leave the tone Ctrl all the way up all the time, I want to take the tone ctrl out and put the Demeter boost knob in its place. Is there a way to do this?

   Thnx! Have a great day:)

Re: Demeter fat control install...

The main requirement is that you have space in the cavity for the circuit and a battery to fit. In a regular Tele, I don’t know if you have enough space. I’d recommend dry fitting a battery in the bottom of the cavity and see if you can fit a circuit in there and close it back up before tearing anything out

Using a 9MM pot would probably help. If you can get the parts to fit, then use a stereo jack for the output and wire it so that the battery is disconnected when you unplug the guitar. Just like a guitar with active pickups

Re: Demeter fat control install...

Ravenswerld
Thanks Travis,
   So, I dry fit the circuit and the battery. It fits good. Since I’m going to pull the tone knob out, do I just connect the tone wires together from the knob? Then run the output from the p/u’s to the input of effect? Then output to jack? This correct thinking? I’ve never wired a active p/u. I will look it up. Much appreciated!!!

Re: Demeter fat control install...

Cool!

You could either omit the tone pot and cap altogether or simulate it being turned all the way up by connecting a 250K resistor to volume 3, then that 250K connects to a 47n cap in series to ground

The active pickup thing I’m talking about is just connecting the black wire from the battery to the ring on the output jack. Then ground the output jack sleeve. This way the battery is only active when a cable is inserted into the output jack

Re: Demeter fat control install...

Ravenswerld
Awesome, thnx!
      One more question. I’m a little unclear on connecting the effect in the circuit. I’m correct in thinking that I take the output of the p/up”s running that into the input of the effect then running the output to the jack?

Re: Demeter fat control install...

Output from Tele volume to Demeter input. Then Demeter output to the output jack