Devi Ever Improbability Drive

Alex
This post was updated on .
Verified!
The layout has a common NPN pinout for Q1 (CBE) .

This layout has an original 2n3391 pinout for Q1 (BCE)

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

johnk
Nice! thanks for posting it. I drew one up for it too (with a 2N3391A) but it's bigger than yours at 22x14, so i'll have to check yours out since it would be cooler to fit one in a 1590B.

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

Alex
This post was updated on .
Thanks John!
I've updated the layout.
There was a cut missing after the base of Q2 (2n2907)
I've also got rid of a link and another cut.
Let me know if you find anything wrong!

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

adapt
this wouldnt be such a bear to lay out/troubleshoot if the schematic wouldnt have been among the worst i've ever seen

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

Alex
You are right. They are quite confusing but I think it should match them.

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

anders
Built this thing according to the layout above. Get no sounds of it unless I hold my hands under the board; wild wacky fuzz. I'm out of 100k pots (again) so I replaced those with 500k's. Still a noob I'm, terrible at troubleshooting and tracing... Quite funny build, many megaohms in there...

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

Alex
Hi Speedy!
I've checked the layout again and I'm pretty sure it's correct.
Have you checked for possible bridges?
What did you use for Q1?

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

anders
Hi there!. Well, I cut the tracks with a razorblade and checked bad joints. The layout is probably correct because there is signalz coming trough. Now the board is messed up...I think I'll revisit this one later. For Q 1 I tested several npn's like 2n5088, 2n3904, 2n4401 and bc550 (reversed). Probably a build error by me, not used to larger layouts yet.

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

johnk
I finally am getting around to building Alex's layout. it should be completed for testing in a few hours.l

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

boratto
thumbs up John!

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

johnk
it's a really crazy fuzz, but judging by some of the videos Alex's revised layout is correct so i'd call it verified.

BTW, I used a 2N3391 for Q1,  a 2N2222a, three 2N2907a's and an MPSA18 (i.e.,the stock transistors).

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

Alex
Hi John!
Thanks for verifying this!
I've added another layout with a BCE pinout for Q1 (only had to add one extra cut and one extra link)