Devi Ever Improbability Drive

vincentstarkiller
This post was updated on .
Firstly, thank you for all the layouts posted, especially the Blueberry bass overdrive which has been my favourite build so far!!

Anyone fancy a crack at this? Don't see why it shouldn't fit into a 1590BB but I am having no joy with doing a layout myself. My guitarist has been bugging me to build it for ages and sent me the schematic that Devi posted ages ago.

Layout here: http://s17.postimage.org/oauz6qxe5/Improbability_Drive.png

Thanks!

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

Yes I'll add this one to the list.  Stock up on your 3M3 resistors in the meantime :)

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

vincentstarkiller
Cheers!

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

anders
Mega bump!
First time poster, long time lurker.
It would be so cool if someone drew up a vero for this, it's seems to be a really interesting circuit.

Thanks for a great site
Cheers
Speedy.

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

adapt
This post was updated on .
i've been meaning to make a layout for this for like 3 years, so i did one today.

by no means verified:

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

anders
Cool!!! I'll give it a shot after work.

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

Silver Blues
Whoa, this is funky

just realized there's supposed to be a jumper from (O,K) to (O,M). i'd fix it and edit my post but i'm at work

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

anders
I built it today and it defintely not sound like the demos, Quite low output, farty and bommy low gain fuzz. Switches don't do much and the the pots acts like volume and/or blend controls. I guess I have to tweak and troubleshoot this one to see if I can get any usable sounds out of it.

Once again thanks for the layout!

Cheers

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

adapt
be sure to check the transistor layouts vs the schematic. there was some ambiguity there.

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

Alex
Had a quick look and I think there may be a mistake:
Q5 should be connected to Q3-Q4 Collector and not to the Emitter.

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

albru80 wrote
I took a look and I'm pretty sure you're right. It looks like Q5 is connected to the collector of Q3 & Q4.

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

Alex
This post was updated on .
There is a 30n cap from I-2 to ground missing.
2N3391 has a BCE pinout.
If you use that transistor you need to bend the Collector and Base legs.

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

johnk
hopefully IvIark will do this one soon since i'd really like to build one.

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

jivedanson
I found this in my archive -- no idea of its source or if it's verified, but I always had it earmarked as one I wanted to build.

Re: Devi Ever Improbability Drive

Alex
This post was updated on .
I've uploaded a layout in Contributions.