Diefet - Diezel in a box

fede.90k
Hi!
I want to ask if it's possible to make a vero layout fot the Diefet, it's similar Dr. Boogie but this emulate the Diezel head, i've heard some demo on youtube, and on the web all the people say that is better than Dr. Boogie.

Here some  demo, it's wonderful to me! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqugBxbg1D4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ebVtVHYSPQ

Thanks in advance and have a good day! :)

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

Stinger25
yes yes yes yes!!! that would be great!!!

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

alltrax74
Here is the place where it has been designed
If you need any help for translation please ask

http://techniguitare.com/forum/realisation-montage/diefet-simulation-ampli-diezel-vh4-t7386.html

The v2 includes a pump charge from 9 to 18v
I think a pcb would be better for this one

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

fede.90k
Oh yes, I've already seen this, but for people like me that can't make the pcb, the stripboard is better :)

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

alltrax74
They do pcbs at techniguitare, if you want a quote I can ask them, just tell me where you live so that they can calculate the shipping

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

Yes I've got this one in my to do list.  It may be a big board but I'm not too bothered with this one because with that many pots no one is going to be putting it in a 1590B anyway.

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

I can't see what real advantage running this at 18V would give you.

The JFETs are the main gain stages and are still supplied with 9V, to be biased down to around 4.5V with the trimmers.  The only thing the 18V is supplying is the opamp which admittedly could give it more headroom, but half of the opamp is a simple unity gain buffer and wouldn't benefit from extra headroom, and the other half is a filter which may change the response slightly but it seems a bit extreme to go to the trouble of adding a charge pump for something that will still work well at 9V.

I'd be interested in hearing the differences that people have posted between the two V2 circuits.

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

alltrax74
This is what I found page 31 :
First versions run with 12v, this is how it sounds the best
They wanted to make it compatible with standard 9v supply and wondered how it would sound at 18v, so they added the 18v pump charge
The outcome is more clean headroom, the tone stack remains unchanged
From what they say the JFETS are also upplied with 18V so need to be biased to 9V, so it's not only the opamp

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

Aah right I've obviously interpreted the schematic wrong.  I'll do that version then if it's preferable.

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

alltrax74

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

farfar
I would really love to build a Diefet too :)

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

glasspak73
wow this is way awsome.a diezel in a box?when will this get turned into vero? i gotta make one asap

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

negativefx
Is this for a particular channel on the VH4 or a different Diezel amp?  My understanding was that the four channels on the VH4 were all voiced differently but that could just be marketing fluff.

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

I've got this one in the queue so I'll add it soon.

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

marcus262
Hi,

I have found diezel vh4 preamp and poweramp schematics on some russian forum, so
if it would be of any use to you all  I will upload the pdf file.

One pdf is the whole amp official, but without the values.
Other pdf these russian guys traced and added these values.

Re: Diefet - Diezel in a box

marcus262
Hi,

here is the vh4 preamp and poweramp schematic:

http://dfiles.eu/files/b4yh7epe3